Restoring Hope In Autism:
MyGOAL established the Daryl Matthew Gosein Scholarship Fund in loving memory of Daryl Gosein. Individuals who hear about Daryl’s story tend to say “Oh, what a tragedy.” However, those who knew Daryl know what an inspiring and rewarding experience it was to be a part of his short life. Daryl fought a tough, daily battle against Autism; a battle he fought with great love and a smile on his face. On his path to recovery, Daryl overcame AMAZING obstacles; some that baffled the medical community.
The Daryl Matthew Gosein scholarship will provide funding that will enable families to pursue treatments that Daryl never got a chance to complete. In spite of their own personal loss, it is an honor for Daryl’s family to support the families of individuals on the Autism Spectrum as they continue on their journey towards recovery or a better quality of life.
**Research shows that autism is treatable by providing early intervention through various types of therapies. The sooner a child receives therapy, the more likely the child will learn how to interact with others socially and integrate in mainstream schools**
MyGOAL Autism Grant Program
MyGOAL Autism Grant is a program to support families caring for individuals with Autism. The MyGOAL Autism Grant if offered once a year, applications are available at the beginning of the year and decisions are rendered in mid-June. Applications are accepted between Feb. 1, 2021 and April 30, 2021. The application will be closed at 11:59PM EST on April 30, 2021. We provide a range of $500-$1,000 to 20 families throughout the United States. Applicants must be the primary care-giver of the individual on the Autism Spectrum and provide the following:
- A completed “Medical Health Assessment Questionnaire” showing verification of diagnosis, including age at diagnosis and current age, autism severity, level of functioning, social engagement and coping skills.
- A detailed description of your current family’s situation including members within household, social/economic support system; employment status, and what the grant will be used for. The following information should be included;
- Number of dependents
- Number of dependents with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Information about what current funding the grantee is receiving (i.e. medical, nutrition, personal, enrichment, education and socialization needs)
- Proof of household income: Most current tax return or SSI notification. (Paystubs and W-2 will not be accepted)
These 3 documents will be uploaded to the application, access the MyGOAL Autism Grant Program by clicking here. Although awarded to the primary caregiver, it is with the understanding that the grant will be used to benefit the individual(s) with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Recipients and non-recipients of the 2021 MyGOAL Autism Grant program will be notified by July 15, 2021.
Click here to access the MyGOAL Autism Grant Program.
Still have questions? Please click here for our MyGOAL Autism Grant Program Frequently Asked Questions document.
The Daryl Matthew Gosein Memorial Scholarship funds will be disbursed for the following programs:
MyGOAL Grant Award Program
The MyGOAL Grant Award Program is a need-based grant for treatments (including vitamins and other nutritional needs); enrichment and educational needs that may not otherwise be covered privately or by other third-party funding sources such as school districts, county programs, insurance, and/or other grant making entities.
Although awarded to the primary care-giver, it is with the understanding that the grant will be used to benefit the individual(s) with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
The grants will be awarded for the following purpose(s):
- Medical – To assist in paying non-reimbursable medical expenses, including first-time visit to biomedical and other Autism-related specialists.
- Nutrition – To purchase vitamins or other nutritional supplements that are specifically designed for children with ASD.
- Personal Needs – To provide Personal needs for the individual with ASD.
- Enrichment, Educational and Socialization Needs – Interactive activities are beneficial for the development of individual(s) including camps and other services.